Pages

Tuesday 9 July 2013

Jumbo Prawns with Chili, Lemon and Parsley

Pin It




This is such an easy peasy recipe - you can use the prawns in many ways - eat it on its own as an appetizer, use it in a salad, toss it in noodles, or use it in a wrap.  I used it to make Vietnamese Prawn Rolls - recipe coming up after this post.

My MIL (my ever faithful meat and seafood supplier :P) gave me a packet of HUGE prawns - almost the size of my palm. 




Usually I would pan fry these beauties using my mum's super easy and absolutely delicious recipe, but since I've been craving for some Vietnamese prawn rolls for the past few days, I thought I'd check out another simple prawn recipe that is suitable to make the rolls.  

This recipe from Curtis Stone is perfect as it gives the prawns a zesty and appetizing flavour that goes perfectly well with the fresh herbs and vegetables used in the Vietnamese rolls.



Jumbo Prawns with Chili, Lemon and Parsley
Adapted from Curtis Stone

  • 400g jumbo prawns, shelled, deveined, sliced in halves lengthwise 
  • 2 tsp of sweet chili sauce
  • 1 tsp of lemon zest and juice / lime juice is fine too
  • 2 tsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped

Don't discard these prawn shells - freeze them to make the base
for a tasty batch of stock



1.  Heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan, and gently pan fry the prawns for 1-2 minutes on each side, until the meat turns opaque and has curled up.  Do not overcook the prawns.

2.  Remove from pan and let it cool.

3.  Add in the dressing and toss to coat evenly.  Serve chilled or use as a base for salads, wraps etc.



 

I'm submitting this to the "Curtis Stone - Cook Like a Star" bloghop co-hosted by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids, Grace of Life Can Be Simple, and Yen of Eat Your Heart Out







15 comments:

  1. Hi Esther,

    My husband will drool like crazy seeing these huge prawns... Eating them with chilli and lime seems ultimate :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, it was such a treat to indulge in these jumbo prawns in such a tangy and appetizing flavour

      Delete
  2. Oh wow love the flavours of these prawns with chilli and limes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are really huge prawns you have there, Esther. Very nice of your MIL. It must have tasted really good with the zesty dressing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Esther, those prawns are huge! I guess this is the simplest and best way to enjoy it - lightly cooked and dressed in simple tangy dressing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice prawn recipe! I love seafood but has to watch my intake due to my borderline-high cholesterol level...

    Love it that you save the prawn heads and shell for making stock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After making the MFF Penang prawn mee, now i save all my prawn shells hahaha

      Delete
  6. Esther , it's either your palm is dainty or those are really humongous prawns lol Simple yet flavorful ! I love prawns cooked this way :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice! Simple but lovely flavours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A recipe that is straightforward, but seems like it will taste amazing, look forward to trying it!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your comments here. If you are not a blogger, just select profile and choose "Name/URL", fill in your name and leave the URL blank. Thanks and hope you enjoy the postings here, or better still, get to try some new recipes from here. Cheers!